Position Title: Motor Pool Supervisor
Reports Directly to: Maintenance Coordinator
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $45,000 to $58,715
Summary of Duties:
The Maintenance Groundskeeper and Driver/Service Technician Supervisor is responsible for maintaining campus grounds. In addition, performs general maintenance duties as assigned including but not limited to the following:
- Conduct annual performance evaluations on employees;
- Calculate amounts of required supplies needed and estimate costs for all work orders when applicable;
- Follows proper procedures for procurement of needed supplies and materials;
- Ensures all vehicles and equipment are in good working order;
- Ensures compliance with accessibility, health and safety codes;
- Ensures all Motor Pool forms are being filled out properly;
- Keeps a clean and organized work area;
- Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including methods, techniques, materials, and tools used in grounds keeping and in the Motor Pool as well as general maintenance while practicing safe practices and procedures;
- Works in conjunction with supervisor of snow removal;
- Works in conjunction with other Supervisors;
- Ensures all grounds keeping, snow removal, general maintenance and campus clean up;
- Ensures all storm and sanitary sewers are kept free flowing year round.
- Ensures all irrigation systems function properly and necessary repairs are made
- Ensures all timesheets are verified and approved.
- Will work a minimum of eight (8) hours during Powwow weekend as needed; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities:• Supervises Motor Pool Staff as assigned
- Normal work hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. Additional hours may be required to complete projects, or in case of emergencies.
- Subject to working in logging fuel data, charges
- hot or cold temperatures.
- Shift work is work that takes place on a schedule outside normal working hours of Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with one hour of unpaid lunch and one 20-minute break.
- Shifts may be early morning, late morning, evening, night shifts, and rotating shifts.
- Additional hours, weekends, and holidays may be required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
- Must be able to climb a ladder and work at heights of 20 ft. or higher;
- Must be able to stand or bend for hours at a time; and
- Must be competent with power and hand tools.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience or equivalent.
- Must have a valid North Dakota Driver’s License with a Class B with passenger, air brake and school bus endorsement.
- Must be insurable under UTTCs insurance carrier.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to obtain quotes in a timely matter and follow the procurement policy by submitting proper documents in a timely and efficient manner.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment used for automotive service and repair.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices and tools and equipment used for grounds keeping, snow removal.
- Ability to operate equipment used on grounds keeping and automotive.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, and decision-making skills.
- Computer Skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook email.
- Must be able to answer emails clearly and promptly on a daily basis, apply digital signatures, attach documents, file documents digitally, create and keep spreadsheets up to date for fuel data and rental vehicles.
- UTTC Application
- ND Driver’s License
Opening Date: August 4, 2022
Closing Date: August 18, 2022
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job-related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to email@example.com, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.