Position Title: Transfer Specialist
Department: Enrollment Management: Admissions
Reports Directly to: Dean of Enrollment Management
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $16.50 - $21.53
Summary of Duties:
• Performs transcript evaluations for all transfer and returning students during the admissions process and prior to the students registering for classes.
• Collaborates with faculty advisors on transcripting program specific transfer courses that meet programs of study requirements.
• Enters transcripted credits into the students’ academic records in Jenzabar for review and approval.
• Enforces the transfer credit policy created collaboratively with the Dean of Enrollment Management and the Registrar.
• Responds to requests for official and unofficial transcripts in the time specified in the policy.
• Obtains and maintains transfer materials from tribal, public and private institutions of higher education to produce transfer guides for UTTC students that are current, understandable, and user-friendly.
• Assists students with the process of transfer applications to baccalaureate and graduate institutions.
• Maintain and update the transfer programs web page to assist students with transfer planning.
• Facilitates informational presentations to students on the purpose of articulation agreements as a means for seamless transfer.
• Serves as a liaison and resource to academic advisors and staff regarding transfer information and internal and external program transfer processes.
• Supports the Career Services Director and Student Activities & Retention Coordinator in ensuring students’ transfer-related needs are met during new student orientation and welcome week.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the admissions process and policies.
• Participates in recruitment and enrollment events for all student populations.
• Provides high quality customer service to students, faculty, and staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• This position operates in a professional office environment.
• Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with one hour for lunch.
• Overtime may be required on occasional evenings and weekends, especially during busy times.
• Occasional travel as needed.
• Regularly be able to remain in a stationary position
• Occasionally move about inside an office and classroom
• Operate a computer and other office equipment
• Occasionally move, transport, or position up to l O pounds
• Communicate clearly and effectively
• May need to ascend/descend stairs
Minimum of an associate degree in a Business or Technology related field from an accredited institution required.
Two Years of experience in higher education preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
• Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college
• Strong background in computers
• Knowledge of working with reports
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
• Knowledge of filing methods
• Ability to keyboard accurately and efficiently
• Knowledge of rules of punctuation and grammar
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.
Opening Date: November 21st, 2022
Closing Date: December 2nd, 2022