Position Title: Adjunct Botany Instructor
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports Directly to: Environmental Science and Research Department Chair
Status: Exempt; Part-time
Salary: $715/credit - $2,860-$5,720
Summary of Duties:
- Design and teach a 300-level Botany and Plant Systematic course for majors.
- Instructs students based upon the master course schedule, degree plans, and curricula approved by the Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic Affairs for the respective program.
- Provides instruction to students through various delivery methods, including classroom/laboratory instruction, online learning, and learning community activities.
- Adheres to the course cancellation policy as stated in the UTTC Faculty Handbook
- Develops culturally responsive curricula, lesson plans and other postsecondary coursework materials that identify student competencies and meet industry employment standards.
- Evaluates students’ progress and communicates with the student’s academic advisor when problems or issues arise.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress in the Jenzabar system on a weekly basis throughout the semester.
- Participates fully in the Jenzabar Early Alert Retention Module system by alerting, referring, and providing interventions that ensure student success.
- Complies with college policies, plans, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
- Meets requirements for program and institutional accreditation.
- Performs all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college.
- All faculty are required to be on campus to meet their professional obligations as stated in the Summary of Duties identified on this job description, in addition to scheduled college activities during normal hours of operation.
- Each faculty member shall submit their schedule to their direct supervisor at the start of each semester showing posted office hours, class schedule, committee meetings, faculty meetings, student club meetings and typical availability.
- Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Regularly be able to remain in a stationary position
- Occasionally move about inside an office and classroom
- Operate a computer and other office/classroom equipment
- Occasionally move, transport, or position up to 10 lbs
- May need to ascend/descend stairs
- PhD in Botany or Natural Resource Management, or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in botany or another closely related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- UTTC Application
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Copies of Transcripts
Opening Date: November 15th, 2022
Closing Date: November 30th, 2022
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.
Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.