Position Title: Information Technology (IT) Technician
Reports Directly to: IT Supervisor
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Summary of Duties:
- Performs basic problem solving and assistance on various software applications and hardware systems for UTTC employees.
- Provides individual instruction or training to users on new or updated technologies.
- Performs routine technical assistance and maintenance duties.
- Maintains and updates record keeping system; may document projects and maintain user instructions.
- Maintain campus Licensing system by working with vendors to effectively purchase licensing to reduce costs.
- Knowledge in Windows 10/11, Active Directory, Microsoft 365, hardware, and helpdesk ticketing software and processes.
- Assists with tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials; performs data entry and maintenance of records such as, but not limited to, project documents, user instructions, and general reports and/or systems errors.
- Disconnect, move, reconnect, and test computers/equipment reassigned to new locations.
- Unpack, connect and test new computers, printers, drives and other peripherals.
- Maintain a replacement tracking system for desktop computers for staff and faculty.
- Assists with the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates.
- Assists with research and development initiatives and in the implementation of new technologies.
- Assists with the implementation of technology projects with moderate scope and impact.
- Assists with the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, workstations and/or other related equipment and devices.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
General office conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch break. May need to work additional hours for special events, meeting/presentations or travel as needed.
- Regularly be able to remain in a stationary position
- Occasionally move about inside an office and/or classroom
- Operate a computer and other office/classroom equipment
- Occasionally move, transport, or position up to 50 pounds
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Will need to ascend/descend stairs
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science; Computer or Business Information Systems; Microcomputer Technology; Information Technology; Desktop Technology; or a closely related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of technical experience providing Information Technology user support services; or High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) to five (5) years of professional technical experience providing Information Technology user support services required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- UTTC Application
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Copy of Drivers License
Opening Date: November 9th, 2022
Closing Date: November 23rd, 2022
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.