Position Title: Part Time On-Call Bus Driver
Reports Directly to: Motor Pool Supervisor
Status: Non-exempt; Part-time/On call
Salary: $28.00 per hour
Summary of Duties:
- The Part Time On-Call Bus Driver must be committed to being called upon for an assignment to work when requested by notice.
- Ensures UTTC’s vehicles are clean and in safe working condition.
- Inspects all fluid levels, brake systems, wiper blades, fan belts, batteries and other.
- Performs the functions of a bus driver as needed for the purpose of transporting passengers.
- Follows the proper UTTC procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintains a log of each vehicle that includes mileage, passengers, gas card number, dates and times checked in and out.
- Bus Drivers are expected to present a clean, neat and professional appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Requires working evenings, holidays, and weekends on a rotating basis and are subject being called in for shift coverage.
- Shift work is work that takes place on a schedule outside normal working hours of Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with up to one hour of unpaid lunch and one 20-minute break.
- Shifts may be early morning, late morning, evening, night shifts, and rotating shifts.
- Additional hours, weekends, and holidays may be required.
- A minimum 30-minute paid meal period is provided in shifts exceeding five hours.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods.
- Must be able to climb a ladder.
- Must be able to bend over, stoop, and reach.
- And must be able to lift up to 50 in the performance of duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have three (3) years related experience.
- Must have a valid Class B North Dakota Driver’s License with passenger, air brake and school bus endorsements.
- A copy of your Driver’s License needs to be submitted with application.
- Must have an acceptable motor vehicle driving record. Verification for MVR or abstract of driving record must be submitted with application.
- Applicant will need to successfully pass a background check.
Knowledge & Skills:
- UTTC Application
- Letter of Interest and resume (Current UTTC Employees)
- North Dakota Driver’s License with endorsements
Opening Date: November 9th, 2022
Closing Date: November 23rd, 2022
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job- related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. ln compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form 00214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.