Position Title: Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports Directly to: Human Resources Director
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Summary of Duties:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Human Resources office.
- Greets visitors and answer telephone calls in a pleasant and efficient manner, communicating effectively in routine, sensitive, and confidential matters.
- Creates files, posts, and advertises all open positions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining all applications for open positions, from acceptance to hiring.
- Coordinates communication with supervisors and candidates to schedule interviews and sits in on interviews.
- Communicates with all applicants’ regarding selection or non-selection of a position.
- Responsible for scheduling new hire orientation including pre-employment drug testing.
- Responsible for I-9 employee eligibility completion and collection of proper forms or ID’s and the filing of such forms.
- Serves as a backup to the HR Benefits Administrator on administering various employee benefits and conducting new hire orientation.
- Provides assistance to HR Director and Benefits Administrator regarding campus wide trainings for all staff within the UTTC organization.
- Maintains employee files, both hard copy and PaperVision.
- Provides general knowledge of employment laws, policies and procedures, and practices.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping all human resources information confidential.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing, and expediting orders for supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm., Monday through Friday, with a one-hour unpaid lunch break. May be required to work additional hours to complete assignments.
- Must be able to sit at your desk for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Will need to be able to bend, support and walk up and down stairs.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field or high school diploma with two (2) or more years of work-related experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- UTTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts (conferring degree date)
Opening Date: November 21st, 2022
Closing Date: December 2nd, 2022
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts online at https://uttc.edu/careers/employment-form/ or email to email@example.com or mail to or drop off at Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.