Position Title: Maintenance Custodian II
Reports Directly to: Maintenance Custodian Supervisor
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Summary of Duties:
- Performs a full range of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance and cleaning of public buildings, residential homes and dorms, or any other building on campus as
- Sweep, vacuum, shampoo, mop, wax, buff, strip and polish floors.
- Clean, disinfect and sanitize restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets.
- Replenish supplies in restrooms.
- Wash accessible windows, mirrors and walls.
- Empty, clean, disinfect and sanitize waste receptacles.
- May submit a daily, weekly or monthly checklist of work performed in buildings.
- Pick up paper, litter or other debris.
- Light general maintenance duties not limited to replacing light bulbs and other light electrical tasks, plugged drains, and light carpentry.
- Assist with set up of meetings, classrooms, conferences or events.
- Dust, wipe and polish furniture as needed.
- Remove snow from sidewalks and entryways using snow shovels or Spread ice melting chemicals.
- Requests supplies or materials for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensures availability of items required.
- Move furniture in/out and to/from units/storage.
- Must work a minimum of eight (8) hours during Powwow weekend.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Shift work is work that takes place on a schedule outside the normal working hours of Monday to Friday from 8 am – 5 pm with a one hour unpaid lunch.
- Shifts may early morning, late morning, evening, night shifts, and rotating shifts.
- Additional hours, weekends, and holidays may be required.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a ladder where applicable
- Must be able to stand, bend, or kneel for hours at a time.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the Janitorial Services.
- Ability to operate and use Janitorial tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of the qualities and uses of various cleaning, sanitizing, stripping, and waxing compounds.
- Must have a valid ND Driver’s License and be insurable under UTTC’s insurance carrier.
Knowledge & Skills:
- ND Driver’s License
- UTTC Application
Opening Date: November 21st, 2022
Closing Date: December 2nd, 2022
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job-related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Governrnent Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss oflndian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.
Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department.
The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.