Position Title: CDC Teacher Aide - Preschool (2 positions available) - closes April 4, 2023
Department: CDC - Preschool
Reports Directly to: Center Director
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.57 (DOE)
Summary of Duties:
- Greet children, parents, and staff in a friendly manner and maintains a good working relationship with parents.
- Maintain a positive and constant interaction with the children.
- Assist in serving breakfast, lunch, and snack to the children daily.
- Assist children during activities that are appropriate to their age and development using a variety of creative materials.
- Responsible for weekly lesson plans.
- Evaluates and records children’s progress.
- Helps children develop social-emotional and self-help skills.
- Ability to work with children ranging from infants and toddlers to preschool. May be assigned from one center to another as the need arises.
- Certify hours of county – approved training hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Shift work is work that takes place on a schedule outside the normal working hours of Monday to Friday from 8 am – 5 pm with a one hour unpaid lunch. Shifts may early morning, late morning, evening, night shifts, and rotating shifts. Additional hours, weekends, and holidays may be required.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Must be able to perform activities that require you to sit on the floor.
- Requires lifting, stooping, crawling, and bending.
- Be able to perform daily cleaning checklist.
- There may be a possibility of coming in contact with communicable diseases and a possibility of reporting child abuse and neglect.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with children.
- Applicants must successfully pass a background check.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to make good rational decisions regarding the safety of children at all times.
- Ability to be a mentor for childcare providers.
- Must like children, have patience working with children, be punctual and dependable.
- Must be motivated and energetic.
Opening Date: January 27, 2023
Closing Date: April 4, 2023 5:00 pm
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job-related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.