Position Title: Maintenance Driver / Service Technician
Reports Directly to: Motor Pool Supervisor
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $17.25 to $22.51 (DOE)
Summary of Duties:
The Maintenance Driver/Service Technician has good knowledge of driving safely, traffic laws and regulations. This position requires driving, general maintenance on vehicles and general maintenance within the department including but not limited to the following:
- Ensures UTTC’s vehicles are clean and in safe working condition.
- Maintains a log of each vehicle that includes mileage, passengers, gas card number, dates and times checked in and out.
- Inspects all fluid levels, brake systems, wiper blades, fan belts, batteries and other.
- Identifies and performs preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Ensures all tools and equipment are in designated areas for the purpose of availability and safety within the area.
- Performs the functions of a bus driver as needed for the purpose of transporting passengers.
- Requests supplies or materials for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensures availability of items required.
- Prepares written documentation of all activities within the department.
- Follows the proper UTTC procurement policies and procedures.
- Assists in all areas within the Facilities Department, may include street and grounds work.
- Follows all safety practices and procedures.
- Will work a minimum of eight (8) hours during Powwow weekend as needed; and
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Shift work is work that takes place on a schedule outside normal working hours of Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with one hour of unpaid lunch.
- Shifts may be early morning, late morning, evening, night shifts, and rotating shifts.
- Additional hours, weekends, and holidays may be required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a ladder.
- Must be able to stand or bend for hours at a time; and
- Must be competent with hand and power tools.
- Ability to actively work outdoors in heat, cold, rain, noise, dust, dirt, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have three (3) years related experience.
- Must have a valid North Dakota Driver’s License with a Class B with passenger, air brake and school bus endorsement OR must acquire as determined by Employer.
- Must have an acceptable motor vehicle driving record. Verification for MVR or abstract of driving record must be submitted with application.
- Must be insurable under UTTCs insurance carrier.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of tools and equipment to perform duties.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Knowledge of office procedures and of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of proper maintenance protocols for vehicles, equipment, buildings, and registration.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Experience using yard maintenance equipment.
- Experience using power hand tools.
- Ability to safely operate heavy snow removal equipment.
- Must be able to work independently and with others.
- UTTC Application
- Letter of Interest (Current UTTC Employees)
- North Dakota Driver’s License with endorsements
Opening Date: March 17, 2023
Closing Date: March 31, 2023 5:00 pm
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job- related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to email@example.com, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.