Position Title: Maintenance Carpenter I - Closes June 21, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Reports Directly to: Maintenance Construction Supervisor
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.87 (DOE)
Summary of Duties:
The Maintenance Carpenter will perform skilled carpentry and other related duties in maintenance and construction repair of buildings or facilities including but not limited to the following:
- Perform skilled carpentry and other related duties in maintenance and construction repair of buildings or facilities.
- Inspect buildings and facilities for needed services and repairs.
- Maintain doors and windows.
- Replaces damaged ceiling tiles and flooring.
- Must be able to build straight walls.
- Must be able to erect scaffolding.
- Maintain buildings interiors and exteriors as needed.
- Must be able to hang siding, hang drywall, and install flooring.
- Build and repair porches and decks.
- Must be able to repair roof shingles or metal roofing.
- Perform carpentry from rough to finish.
- Light general maintenance duties not limited to replacing light bulbs and other light electrical tasks, Plumbing repairs, plugged drains, and appliance repair.
- Must follow the proper UTTC procurement policies and procedures.
- Requests supplies or materials for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensures availability of items required.
- Must work a minimum of eight (8) hours during Powwow weekend as needed.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Shift work is work that takes place on a schedule outside the normal working hours of Monday to Friday from 8 am – 5 pm with a one hour unpaid lunch.
- Shifts may be early morning, late morning, evening, night shifts, and rotating shifts.
- Additional hours, weekends, and holidays may be required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and work at heights up to 20 ft. or higher.
- Must be able to stand or bend for hours at a time.
- Must be competent with power and hand tools.
- General knowledge of Carpentry trade.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain a current OSHA 10 card.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under UTTC’s insurance carrier.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including methods, techniques, materials, tools used in Carpentry maintenance and repair work while practicing safe practices and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, and decision-making skills.
- ND Driver’s License
- UTTC Application
Opening Date: May 23, 2023
Closing Date: June 21, 2023 10:00 pm
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job-related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to email@example.com, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.