Position: Adjunct Chemistry Instructor
Opening date: 2/25/2021
Closing date: opened until filled
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports Directly To: Environmental Science and Research Department Chair
Status: Exempt; Part-time
Salary: $715/credit $2,860-$5,720
Summary Of Duties:
- Teach introductory and advanced undergraduate chemistry courses such as Introduction to Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Organic Chemistry and other courses in field of expertise.
- Instructs students based upon the master course schedule, degree plans, and curricula approved by the Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic Affairs for the respective program.
- Provides instruction to students through various delivery methods, including classroom/laboratory instruction, online learning, and learning community activities.
- Adheres to the course cancellation policy as stated in the UTTC Faculty Handbook.
- Develops culturally responsive curricula, lesson plans and other postsecondary coursework materials that identify student competencies and meet industry employment standards.
- Evaluates students’ progress and communicates with the student’s academic advisor when problems or issues arise.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress in the Jenzabar system on a weekly basis throughout the semester.
- Participates fully in the Jenzabar Early Alert Retention Module system by alerting, referring, and providing interventions that ensure student success.
- Complies with college policies, plans, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
- Meets requirements for program and institutional accreditation.
- Performs all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- All faculty are required to be on campus to meet their professional obligations as stated in the Summary of Duties identified on this job description, in addition to scheduled college activities during normal hours of operation.
- Each faculty member shall submit their schedule to their direct supervisor at the start of each semester showing posted office hours, class schedule, committee meetings, faculty meetings, student club meetings and typical availability.
- Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Regularly be able to remain in a stationary position
- Occasionally move about inside an office and classroom
- Operate a computer and other office/classroom equipment
- Occasionally move, transport, or position up to 10 lbs.
- May need to ascend/descend stairs
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in any combination of Chemistry or Biochemistry coursework and a willingness to complete a Master’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry within 3 years from a regionally accredited university.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Must be able to work under direction and independently.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.
- Ability to engage with students from diverse backgrounds.
- UTTC Application
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Copies of Transcripts