Business Resource ProjectUnited Tribes Technical College
The Business Resource Project’s (BRP) mission is to assist Tribes, Existing Native Owned Businesses, and New Start-Up Native Businesses in the Great Plains Region. (North Dakota, South Dakota & Nebraska) The assistance can be in the following forms:
- General Business Consultation
- Assistance with Business Plan Packaging
- Assistance Locating Alternative Sources of Financing
- Assistance in obtaining Start-Up Loans; Expansion Loans; and Letters & Lines of Credit
- Bond Analysis and Assistance in obtaining Bonding
- Timely Market Opportunity Research for your business type emailed right to your Inbox
- Distressed Business Planning
- Growth Strategy Planning
The BRP, operated by United Tribes Technical College (UTTC), is funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA). UTTC has successfully operated either a grant or cooperative agreement with MBDA for nearly 39 years under multiple iterations providing continuous uninterrupted business technical assistance to Tribes and Native Entrepreneurs in the region.
That tradition continues now with a new one-year pilot program awarded by MBDA to operate in 2018-19. The BRP will especially concentrate efforts with Tribal bodies in the following Tribal Core Needs that include: (1) Access to Capital; (2) Business Training; (3) Federal Program Coaching; (4) Business Incubators and Accelerators; and, (5) Infrastructure Focused Public-Private Partnerships. The BRP will handle (1) and (5) in-house and will work with experienced outside strategic partners on the other categories to help assist tribes when necessary.
The services of the BRP are absolutely FREE to qualifying applicants!