Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
June 11, 2019
June 25, 2019
Reports Directly To:
Vice President of Academic Affairs
Per Salary Scale
Summary of Duties:
- Serves as a career advisor, meeting regularly with students in groups or individually to discuss career goals, options and plans.
- Coordinates UTTC’s internship placement program, identifying placement locations, initiating relationships with employers, mentoring student interns, and maintaining the internship inventory.
- Works collaboratively with department chairs to provide job search training for graduating students that is specific to the career or industry for which they are applying.
- Advises students on the process of transitioning from college to the workforce, either in groups or individually, including securing housing after graduation, necessary clothing and/or tools, reliable transportation, childcare, appropriate workplace behavior, and meeting employer expectations.
- Provides instruction on cover letter and resume writing per industry standards for UTTC students.
- Coordinates mock interviews training for students.
- Collaborates with the Registrar to provide transfer advising for students interested in continuing their education at other institutions, including the transfer process and identifying a point of contact for the student at the receiving institution.
- Assists Disabilities Services Coordinator with placement testing and maintains appropriate certification.
- Serves as co-advisor for the Student Government Association.
- Administers the graduate exit survey and documents and interprets results.
- Administers employer surveys and documents and interprets results.
- Administers the career interest inventory and documents and interprets results.
- Coordinates the campus career fairs.
- Works collaboratively with department chairs to maintain contact with graduates for placement data.
- Applies Jenzabar skills to ensure placement data accurately tracked.
- Maintains career services resources and updates the Career Services page on the UTTC website and college catalog as needed.
- Maintains Career Services budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position operates in a professional office environment. Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with one hour for lunch. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required, especially during busy times. Occasional travel as needed.
- Regularly be able to remain in a stationary position
- Occasionally move about inside an office and classroom
- Operate a computer and other office/classroom equipment
- Occasionally move, transport, or position up to 10 pounds
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- May need to ascend/descend stairs
- Bachelor degree in Education, Business Administration, Human Services or related field from a r