Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Manage, supervise and conducts employee(s) performance review(s).
- Advise the Vice President of Campus Servieces in short and long-term planning, in support of the United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) Strategic Plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, ADA, 42 CFR and all governing guidelines related to UTTC community.
- Project, develop, and manage operational budget(s).
- Using the Accu-Care reporting system, must prepare and submit accurate reports, documentation and correspondence in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in the “high risk” crisis management team that provides holistic services in meeting the individual need(s) of the student and in support of their family system.
- To implement or enhance professional development opportunities.
- To cooperatively interact with referring agencies on or off campus.
- Responsible for fulfilling the requirements of Great Plains Area Indian Health Service, Chapter 18 as stated in the Chemical Health Center Policy and Procedure manual.
- To service the UTTC community’s need for chemical addictions, prevention, education and rehabilitation services for clients.
- To coordinate services and the available resources for the CHC to promote the continuum of care of clients.
- To work with appropriate UTTC and IHS authorities in coordinating the completion of any modifications to the contract and negotiation of the agreement of services for the CHC’s scope of work.
- To comply with the National, State or Tribal standards and/or licensure requirements.
- Monitor the CHC staffs planning, organizing and implementation of CHC activities.
- Attend the quarterly Great Plains Behavioral Health Directors meetings and the executive board meetings.
- Provides clinical supervision to the CHC counselor/clinical supervisor to meet the requirements of Indian Health Service.
- Provides limited counseling services to clients when CHC staff are overbooked.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
General office conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch. Will need to work additional hours as the need arises. Will need to travel to attend meetings, workshops and/or conferences.
- M.S. Behavioral Sciences or a closely related field is preferred or a BS in Behavior Sciences.
- Must be a licensed addiction counselor (LAC), certified in the State of North Dakota. Will accept a current LAC from other states.
- Preferred certification in the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (ICRC) Alcohol & Drug Counselor as required by Indian Health Service.
- Preferred two (2) years full time paid professional experience in addiction counseling.
- Preferred five (5) years of sobriety.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Provides professional customer service.
- Oversee the Chemical Health Center’s (CHC) scope of work under the Indian Health Service (IHS) contract.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 26, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, LAC certification, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.