Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Developmental English/Reading Instructor
June 14, 2019
June 28, 2019
Reports Directly To:
General Studies Chair/Instructor
Per salary scale
Summary of Duties:
- Provide instruction to students through various delivery methods, including classroom/laboratory instruction, online learning, and learning community activities.
- Teach a minimum of 30 credits per academic year (fall/spring).
- Utilize culturally responsive teaching strategies that facilitate student learning and student success.
- Prepare instruction that includes an intensive review of grammar and usage, mechanics of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, sentence structure, and the writing process.
- Provide evidence that planning, organizing, drafting, editing, and revising is emphasized in this course.
- Prepare clear and measurable objectives, course syllabi, course materials and learning experiences for each course.
- Maintain appropriate course records and documentation.
- Design, develop, assess, and oversee program curricula.
- Implement the EGUMPP online platform to facilitate and support learning.
- Implement assessment measures that achieve course, program, and institution learning outcomes, and use the results to strengthen the curricula.
- Monitor and report student attendance and academic progress in the Jenzabar system on a weekly basis throughout each semester.
- Maintain office hours.
- Provide academic individual and small group tutoring and mentoring for students.
- Maintain current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
- Meet requirements for specific programs and for accreditation.
- Participate in college-sponsored professional development activities, college wide meetings and department/division/faculty meetings.
- Promote student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs.
- Maintain ongoing communications with community organizations, instructors from other tribal colleges and universities, and public agencies in support of student learning.
- Participate in college leadership, governance, and operational activities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and community members.
- Serve on college committees.
- Comply with college policies, rules, and procedures.
- Participate in commencement activities wearing academic cap and gown.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college.
General office conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM wit