Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Reports directly to the President, and works closely with the Finance Director and all UTTC staff.
- Maintains strong working relationships with UTTC Portfolio of existing donors and partner organizations.
- Ability to research, identify, assess and develop new fundraising opportunities and relationships among institutional donors, private foundations, trusts, and individuals, to diversify and increase revenue streams.
- Plan, develop, implement and coordinate an ambitious fundraising strategy to broaden and increase the sustainability of UTTC funding base.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of fundraising policies and procedures for the handling of donations to UTTC.
- Develops and maintains the annual and special fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and implement fundraising techniques using UTTC website, social media and social networking.
- Assists all public fundraising drives.
- Prepares and follows up on fundraising proposals for individual and institutional donors/resource providers at all levels.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual donor progress reports (narrative and financial), monitoring and evaluation requirements in accordance with donor criteria and deadlines.
- Maintains and updates the Jenzabar Development Module.
- Processes all donations, including input of gifts into the Jenzabar database and send acknowledgement letters as follow up.
- Ensure UTTC complies with IRS rules and regulations.
- Attend appropriate fundraising and marketing events to enhance UTTC fundraising network.
- Participates in professional development and special events.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with one hour unpaid lunch break. Will need to work additional hours for meetings, presentations or travel as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in marketing, business administration, management, or financial management related fields. A minimum of two (2) years of experience in fundraising processes.
- Must have a valid Drivers License and acceptable driving record.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to develop and translate data and financials. Ability to problem solve.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 25, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.