Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Clean and minor maintenance the August Little Soldier (ALS) apartments and Solo Dorm complexes, such as laundry rooms, which would include lint traps, wipe off washer and dryers, clean windows, doors, sweep and mop, take out trash, and pick up the yard on a daily basis.
- Report vacancies, tenant damage, wear and tear maintenance work, plumbing, heating/cooling issues, windows/blind replacements, snow removal, vehicle removal, furniture replacements or removal of any other maintenance. Notify Security for an emergency situation. Reports should be done in a timely manner and immediately for dangerous situations.
- Clean inside of the UTTC Houses, Solo Dorms, ALS, and Kateri Hall, Units on Campus, such as, disinfect and mop floors, walls, shampoo carpets and furniture, wipe windows, clean stoves, clean refrigerators, toilets, sinks, cupboards, etc.
- Clean outside of the UTTC on Campus Houses, such as, wipe off graffiti and mud. Pick up and remove any debris, outside units, complexes, and around campus, when needed. Move/haul storage items when needed.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aide, CPR, and working relationships.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Perform related duties as required.
Position requires lifting, stooping, crawling, and climbing in the performance of duties. Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. Normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with one hour for lunch break. There will be overtime as the need arises.
- Qualified applicant will have a high school diploma or equivalent and one year preferred cleaning or housing experience.
- Must have a current License and a clear driving record.
Knowledge & Skills:
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 20, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.