Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Manage UTTC’s housing operations and provides fiscal management for the annual department budget.
- Supervises staff, ensuring efficient operations and ensures compliance with all relevant UTTC policies, procedures, standards, and State and Federal law.
- Utilize and manage UTTC housing data (Jenzabar) to update policy and procedures, maintain a safe and healthy living environment, develop a strategic plan, evaluate progress, and provide reports as needed
- Confirm/verify all room assignments and billings are completed and communicated to students.
- Represents the department and establishes a collaborative relationship with other UTTC departments.
- Negotiates financial agreements with outside vendors and related commercial enterprises.
- Work closely with the housing maintenance supervisor to ensure housing maintenance work orders are completed in a timely manner and/or by deadlines for emergency purposes.
- Maintain and coordinate all aspects of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program to ensure quarterly and annual reports are submitted as required.
- Serve on the Student Code of Conduct (SCC) Committee.
- Effectively communicate through written and verbal formats
- Ability to supervise and maintain confidential employee and rental information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires de-escalation intervention and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. May work evening hours and some weekend hours as necessary. May be required to meet deadlines with short notice. Travel may be required when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in an office setting.
- Knowledge of office procedures and of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Preferred minimum of two years’ experience in administering a low income housing tax credit program (LIHTC), project and housing based voucher program.
- Preferred knowledge of Tenant and Landlord rights and responsibilities and the Fair Housing rules and regulations, may be required to provide a certificate of completed training.
- Preferred minimum of two years’ experience in Property Management, principles and practices of supervising two or more employees, financial management, making complex administrative decision in a fair and consistent manner, creating policy and procedures consistent with the most recent housing federal and state laws.
- Preferred but not required experience with North Dakota Housing Finance Agency’s IRS and investor’s guidelines.
- In lieu of educational requirement, 5 years’ experience and training with managing housing programs/property management (includes tax credit housing management).
Knowledge & Skills:
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 23, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.