Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Provide instruction in mathematics, and related areas, to students through classroom/laboratory instruction, online learning, and learning community activities.
- Teach a minimum of 30 credits per academic year (fall/spring).
- Utilize culturally responsive teaching strategies that facilitate student learning and student success.
- Prepare clear and measurable objectives, course syllabi, course materials and learning experiences for each course.
- Maintain appropriate course records and documentation.
- Design, develop, assess, and oversee program curricula.
- Implement assessment measures that achieve course, program, and institution learning outcomes, and using the results to strengthen the curricula.
- Monitor and report student attendance and academic progress in the Jenzabar system on a weekly basis throughout each semester.
- Maintain office hours.
- Provide academic tutoring and mentoring students.
- Maintain current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
- Meet requirements for specific programs and for accreditation.
- Participate in college-sponsored professional development activities, college wide meetings and department/division/faculty meetings.
- Promote student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs.
- Maintain ongoing communications with community organizations, instructors from other tribal colleges and universities, and public agencies in support of student learning.
- Participate in college leadership, governance, and operational activities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and community members.
- Serve on college committees.
- Comply with college policies, rules, and procedures.
- Participate in commencement activities wearing academic cap and gown.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General office conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM with one hour for lunch break. Will need to work additional hours for class preparation, meeting/presentations or travel as needed.
UTTC academic staff must be sensitive to the cultures of the students enrolled at the college, must be willing to learn about those cultures, and must be willing to integrate multi-cultural perspectives where appropriate.
- MSW in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program.
- Current, valid and unrestricted North Dakota Social Work license
- Three (3) years of successful college instruction, preferably in a tribal college or related higher education environment preferred.
- Must have a teaching certificate from the ND Department of Career and Technical Education or be willing to pursue such credentials
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 25, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.