Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Retrieves, sorts, processes and distributes mail/packages for multiple staff, students, USPS and Federal Express.
- Performs and coordinates shipping procedures for various departments and students.
- Processes purchase requisitions for services and purchases.
- Log incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintains the postage meter, operates a cash register, and other office equipment.
- Accounts for all daily receipts and weekly deposits, according to UTTC procedures.
- Trains personnel and students on USPS services.
- Coordinates the mailroom toward the accomplishment of departmental and organizational objectives, supervises and directs mailroom staff to provide quality services to students and staff.
- Processes mail in compliance with the USPS rules and regulations.
- Submit quarterly reports to the Chief Financial Officer to report to the President and Vice Presidents.
- Communicate and coordinate with on and off-campus agencies and organizations.
- Implements mailroom policy and procedures.
- Develop departmental strategic plan.
- Prepare annual budgets.
- Attend and participate in meetings, serve on various committees.
- Travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the finance department, may include a minimum of 8 hours for Special Events.
Normal working hours Monday – Friday are from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m with a one-hour lunch break.
Normal working hours Saturday are from 8:30 am until 11:00 am.
Evening hours may be necessary.
Overnight travel 2-3 nights per year. May be required to meet deadlines with short notice.
Overtime is sometimes required.
Will need to be able to bend, stoop and lift in the course work duties.
- S. Diploma or equivalent certification.
- 1-3 years of supervisor experience.
- Must have a ND Driver’s License and be insurable by the UTTC insurance carrier.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to work well independently and with others.
- Good customer service, communication and leadership skills.
- Good computer knowledge and skills/
- Independently makes difficult decisions.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application and a copy of a North Dakota Driver’s License to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.