Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
The Maintenance Carpenter will perform skilled carpentry and other related duties in maintenance and construction repair of buildings or facilities including but not limited to the following:
- Inspect buildings and facilities for needed services and repairs;
- Maintain doors and windows;
- Replaces damaged ceiling tiles and flooring;
- Must be able to build straight walls;
- Must be able to erect scaffolding;
- Maintain buildings interiors and exteriors as needed;
- Hang siding;
- Hang drywall;
- Install flooring;
- Build and repair porches and decks;
- Must be able to repair roof shingles or metal roofing;
- Perform carpentry from rough to finish;
- Must follow the proper UTTC procurement policies and procedures;
- Requests supplies or materials for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensures availability of items required;
- Must work a minimum of eight (8) hours during Powwow weekend as needed; and
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires working days, evenings, some weekends and holidays. Additional hours may be required to complete projects or in emergency situations. Subject to working in hot or cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
- Must be able to climb a ladder and work at heights up to 20 ft. or higher;
- Must be able to stand or bend for hours at a time; and
- Must be competent with power and hand tools.
- Five (5) years of experience carpentry and other related skills.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain a current OSHA 10 card.
- Current valid driver license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record
Knowledge & Skills:
- Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including methods, techniques, materials, tools used in Carpentry maintenance and repair work while practicing safe practices and procedures;
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 18, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.