Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Performs a full range of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance and cleaning.
- Sweep, vacuum, shampoo, mop, wax and polish floors;
- Clean, disinfect and sanitize restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets;
- Replenish supplies in restrooms;
- Wash accessible windows, mirrors and walls;
- Empty, clean, disinfect and sanitize waste receptacles;
- Must submit a daily, weekly or monthly checklist of work performed in buildings;
- Pick up paper, litter or other debris;
- Replace light bulbs where applicable;
- Assist with set up of meetings, classrooms, conferences or events;
- Dust, wipe and polish furniture as needed;
- Remove snow from sidewalks and entryways using snow shovels or blower. Spread ice melting chemicals;
- Requests supplies or materials for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensures availability of items required;
- Must work a minimum of eight (8) hours during Powwow weekend; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position requires working days, evenings, some weekends and holidays. Additional hours may be required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
- Must be able to climb a ladder where applicable; and
- Must be able to stand or bend for hours at a time;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the Janitorial Services.
- Ability to operate and use Janitorial tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of the qualities and uses of various cleaning, sanitizing, stripping, and waxing compounds.
- Must maintain a current OSHA 10 card.
- Must have a valid ND Driver’s License and be insurable under UTTC’s insurance carrier.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss o