Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Serve as a positive role model to students and peer staff members.
- Enforces the rules and policies of Housing.
- Confers with students on an informal basis regarding school and social life.
- Works with students to insure the up-keep of individual rooms.
- Informs Director in writing of any problems, social or otherwise, students may be experiencing.
- Report emergencies to security and monitor the situation and possibly refer students as appropriate to respective campus services.
- Secure dorms at designated times, and inspects hall for alcoholic beverages, drugs and unauthorized guests.
- Inspects hall on a daily basis for cleanliness, supplies and needed repairs.
- Assess the physical condition of rooms before and after occupancy, preparing and filing the appropriate forms with the Housing staff in a timely fashion.
- Perform weekly dorm inspections with students.
- Work cooperatively with students to ensure an environment that displays respect for the right, and privacy of others, and promotes consideration of individual needs in a group living environment.
- Respond to all witnessed violations of Housing Director and UTTC policies occurring within residence hall. Prepare and submit the appropriate report to Security and Housing Director within 24 hours.
- Receive and promptly process requests for maintenance repairs and custodial needs received from students.
- Assigns rooms.
- Thoroughly reviews the Resident Hall Regulations, and dorm agreement individually with each new dorm resident.
- Interpret and disseminate to the student’s information/directives from Housing
- Organize resident hall activities.
- Perform light housekeeping duties in designated areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires working evenings, weekends and holidays; and working with students of a variety of ages and personalities.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of office procedures and of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of report writing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Position requires applicant certified in CPR/ First Aid, if applicant does not possess CPR/First Aid, must be willing and able to obtain one within 90 days of UTTC employment (Provided by UTTC).
- Relate well to individuals of all ethnic, racial, cultural, and religious backgrounds, encouraging better understanding of cultural diversity and individual differences in the residence hall.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.