Position: Monarch Project Administrative Assistant
Opening date: April 1, 2021
Closing date: April 16, 2021
Department: Institutional Research
Reports Directly To: Director of Monarch Project
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $14.00 - $18.27
Summary Of Duties:
- Must be respectful, flexible, have a high level of customer service skills, and sound work ethic.
- Must have knowledge of Excel with a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal team building and decision-making skills.
- Must be effective at verbal and listening communication, organizational skills, and time management.
- Types of correspondence, memos, letter, reports, and other documents for Director of the Monarch Project.
- Inputs and verifies data pertaining to prospective and current students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains budget worksheets for the Monarch Project.
- Performs minor edits to the Monarch Project website as requested by the Monarch Project Director.
- Processes time-sensitive correspondence to prospective, former, and current students.
- Attends meetings, record proceedings, take minutes and type reports with high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Maintains conference room schedule in Building 61.
- Maintains all incoming mail for the Monarch Project.
- Submits purchase requisitions as requested by Monarch Project Director and tracks purchase orders until fully executed.
- Represents UTTC Monarch Project at various functions on and off campus (e.g., AIHEC Student Conference).
- Organizes office operations and procedures.
- Coordinates repairs for office equipment.
- Coordinates time sheets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- General office conditions.
- Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch.
- Evening and weekend work will be required to meet grant objectives.
- Operate standard office machines, personal computers, and strong background in Microsoft Office applications.
- Travel between collaborating locations will be required.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Associates degree or high school diploma/GED with three (3) years’ work-related experience required.
- Must have a ND Driver’s License and be insurable by UTTC’s insurance carrier.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, small team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Knowledge of American Indian Tribes, cultures, and histories desirable
- UTTC Application
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Copies of Transcripts
- ND Driver License