Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Assist in preparing, planting, maintaining and harvesting campus gardens and research plots
- Provide assistance with student gardening programs
- Keep the campus gardens and surrounding areas weed-free and litter-free
- Assist with nutrition programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time, walk over rough terrain, lift 40 pounds, use garden tools such as rakes, hoes and shovels, and hand tools such as trowels.
- Must be current UTTC Student.
- Experience in gardening and food production and a willingness to work on diverse outdoor projects in any weather.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Highly motivated to assist in a wide range of gardening and nutrition projects.
- Ability and willingness to work individually or as a team member.
- Good oral communication skills.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 18, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.