Position: Part Time On-Call Security Officer
Opening date: March 11, 2021
Closing date: April 28, 2021
Department: Safety & Security
Reports Directly To: Safety & Security Director
Status: Non-exempt; Part-time/On call
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Summary Of Duties:
- The Part Time On-Call Security Officer must be committed to being called upon for an assignment to work when requested by notice.
- Officer will complete vehicle and foot patrol duties on campus and campus properties
- Investigates and responds to any civil disturbances; potential illegal activities; suspicious circumstances, and reports to supervisor and local law enforcement.
- Officers are expected to present a clean, neat and professional appearance.
- Officer will complete a shift patrol log and incident reports by the end of each shift
- Answers incoming calls and directs them to appropriate individual or department afterhours and weekends.
- Locks and Unlocks designated buildings and gates as requested and as scheduled.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what action(s) to take based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Must be able to multi-task calls, radio activity, persons, and incidents.
- Shall keep confidentiality for all incidents involving students, staff and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Requires working evenings, holidays, and weekends on a rotating basis and are subject being called in for shift coverage.
- A minimum 30-minute paid meal period is provided in shifts exceeding five hours. When there is only one security officer on duty, the security officer is not completely relieved of their duties and may be required to perform their duties during the meal period.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods.
- Must be able to walk,
- Must be able to run,
- Must be able to bend over, stoop, reach,
- And must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. in the performance of duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Previous Security or Safety related experience recommended, but not required.
- Position requires a current, valid driver’s license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record. A copy of your Driver’s License needs to be submitted with application.
- Applicant will need to successfully pass a background check
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends
- UTTC Application
- ND Drivers License