Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- The Part Time On-Call Security Officer must be committed to being called upon for an assignment to work when requested by notice.
- Officer will complete vehicle and foot patrol duties on campus and campus properties
- Investigates and responds to any civil disturbances; potential illegal activities; suspicious circumstances, and reports to supervisor and local law enforcement.
- Officers are expected to present a clean, neat and professional appearance.
- Officer will complete a shift patrol log and incident reports by the end of each shift
- Answers incoming calls and directs them to appropriate individual or department afterhours and weekends.
- Locks and Unlocks designated buildings and gates as requested and as scheduled.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what action(s) to take based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Must be able to multi-task calls, radio activity, persons, and incidents.
- Shall keep confidentiality for all incidents involving students, staff and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires working evenings, holidays, and weekends on a rotating basis and are subject being called in for shift coverage.
A minimum 30-minute paid meal period is provided in shifts exceeding five hours. When there is only one security officer on duty, the security officer is not completely relieved of their duties and may be required to perform their duties during the meal period.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods.
- Must be able to walk,
- Must be able to run,
- Must be able to bend over, stoop, reach,
- And must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. in the performance of duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Previous Security or Safety related experience recommended, but not required.
- Position requires a current, valid driver’s license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record. A copy of your Driver’s License needs to be submitted with application.
- Applicant will need to successfully pass a background check
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 27, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.