Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Pre-School Teacher/Early Childhood Educator – FACE Program
June 13, 2019
June 27, 2019
Theodore Jamerson Elementary School (TJES)
Reports Directly To:
Per Salary Scale
Summary of Duties:
- Preschool teacher/ECHE works with preschool children who have enrolled in FACE. The Preschool teacher provides a strong learning environment where preschool children can develop and thrive. The Preschool Teacher provides a model for parents on teaching, motivating, disciplining and communicating with young children. The development of literacy and strong parent and child relationships is a focus of all FACE staff.
- Will work cooperatively with the FACE Early Childhood Co-Teacher/Para to provide opportunities for parent and children to strengthen the parent and child relationship.
- Maintains up-to-date files on each student. Prepares accurate reports, written plans and documents.
- Contributes to required monthly reports, end-of-year report and data collection.
- Implements the Working Sampling System 5th Edition Assessment in F-W-S.
- Arrange for or provide screening services for children and referral services as indicated.
- Maintains weekly/daily lesson plans.
- Plans and participates in Parent and Child Together time (PACT).
- Spends a minimum of 2 1/2 hours each day in educational instruction, which include all required elements of the FACE program routine.
- Implements NCFL CIRCLES: A Culturally Appropriate Preschool Curriculum for American Indian Children in the early childhood classroom. Utilizes BIE FACE Preschool Standards.
- Is knowledgeable and shares information with families about community resources and further academic opportunities.
- Arranges the classroom into learning areas with a wide range of materials that are organized and accessible to the students.
- Meets weekly with the FACE team to plan and evaluate program services.
- Helps facilitate monthly Parent Group meetings, FACE family circle meetings.
- Reports to the FACE Coordinator all matters of importance to the FACE program.
- Works toward National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation for the program.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. Some evening even