Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Preschool teacher/ECHE works with preschool children who have enrolled in FACE. The Preschool teacher provides a strong learning environment where preschool children can develop and thrive. The Preschool Teacher provides a model for parents on teaching, motivating, disciplining and communicating with young children. The development of literacy and strong parent and child relationships is a focus of all FACE staff.
- Will work cooperatively with the FACE Early Childhood Co-Teacher/Para to provide opportunities for parent and children to strengthen the parent and child relationship.
- Maintains up-to-date files on each student. Prepares accurate reports, written plans and documents.
- Contributes to required monthly reports, end-of-year report and data collection.
- Implements the Working Sampling System 5th Edition Assessment in F-W-S.
- Arrange for or provide screening services for children and referral services as indicated.
- Maintains weekly/daily lesson plans.
- Plans and participates in Parent and Child Together time (PACT).
- Spends a minimum of 2 1/2 hours each day in educational instruction that include all required elements of the FACE program routine.
- Implements NCFL CIRCLES: A Culturally Appropriate Preschool Curriculum for American Indian Children in the early childhood classroom. Utilizes BIE FACE Preschool Standards.
- Is knowledgeable and shares information with families about community resources and further academic opportunities.
- Arranges the classroom into learning areas with a wide range of materials that are organized and accessible to the students.
- Meets weekly with the FACE team to plan and evaluate program services.
- Helps facilitate monthly Parent Group meetings, FACE family circle meetings.
- Reports to the FACE Coordinator all matters of importance to the FACE program.
- Works toward National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation for the program.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. Some evening events after 4:00 p.m.
- Must possess a BA or BS degree in Early Childhood Education (Birth – 3 months) or Kindergarten endorsement or Elementary Education with Early Childhood Endorsement.
- Must possess a North Dakota State teacher’s certificate.
- Must be certified by PAT after training and maintain certification annually.
- Must have a valid North Dakota Driver’s License.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Is knowledgeable about the characteristics of young children
- Experience working with adults and families is preferred
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 20, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.