Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Implements the center curriculum.
- Plans developmentally appropriate activities for the children and includes materials and experiences in the classroom that fosters children’s development and progress.
- Prepares and conducts creative daily experiences for the children based upon the goals of the center.
- Assists children in a caring, nurturing manner with activities that are appropriate to their age and development using a variety of creative materials.
- Responsible for weekly lesson plans.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of children’s development and progress and maintains a progress reporting system under the direction of the center director.
- Greets children, parents, and staff in a friendly manner and maintains a good working relationship with parents.
- Maintains a positive and constant interaction with children.
- Participates in family-style breakfast, lunch and snack with the children daily.
- Attends and participate in staff meeting, training sessions and planning activities.
- Completes annual requirement of county-approved training hours for licensing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm., Monday through Friday, with a one hour paid lunch break. May need to work additional hours if need arises.
- The position will require lifting, stooping, crawling and cleaning in the performance of daily activities.
- There may be a possibility of coming in contact with communicable diseases and a possibility of reporting child abuse.
- Position may require working additional hours as need arises
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Early Childhood Education or a Child Development Associate (CDA) preferred. Applicants in the process of obtaining an A.A.S. in Early Child Education will be considered with a date of completion prearranged. Degree must be submitted to HR upon completion.
- Individual must complete the North Dakota Self Certification form for Early Childhood Staff/Childcare Providers, as a part of the application process and have a TB Skin Test.
- Must pass a background check.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must like children, have patience working with children.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must be motivated and energetic.
- Must show organizational skills.
- Must be able to handle stressful or difficult situation in a professional manner
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 30, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.