Position: PT/Temporary Housing Custodian I or II
Opening date: April 13, 2021
Closing date: May 27, 2021
Reports Directly To: Housing Director
Status: Non-exempt; Part-time Temporary
Summary Of Duties:
- Clean and minor maintenance the August Little Soldier (ALS) apartments and Solo Dorm complexes, such as laundry rooms, which would include lint traps, wipe off washer and dryers, clean windows, doors, sweep and mop, take out trash, and pick up the yard on a daily basis.
- Report vacancies, tenant damage, wear and tear maintenance work, plumbing, heating/cooling issues, windows/blind replacements, snow removal, vehicle removal, furniture replacements or removal of any other maintenance. Notify Security for an emergency situation. Reports should be done in a timely manner and immediately for dangerous situations.
- Clean inside of the UTTC Houses, Solo Dorms, ALS, and Kateri Hall, Units on Campus, such as, disinfect and mop floors, walls, shampoo carpets and furniture, wipe windows, clean stoves, clean refrigerators, toilets, sinks, cupboards, etc.
- Clean outside of the UTTC on Campus Houses, such as, wipe off graffiti and mud. Pick up and remove any debris, outside units, complexes, and around campus, when needed. Move/haul storage items when needed.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aide, CPR, and working relationships.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Perform related duties as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm
- Monday through Friday
- One hour unpaid lunch break
- Must be able to go up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year preferred cleaning or housing experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and decision making skills
- Knowledgeable in custodial equipment.
- Strong communication skills.
- UTTC Application