Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Must be respectful, flexible and have sound work ethics.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, team building and decision making skills.
- Must be effective at verbal & listening communication, organizational skills, stress management, and time management.
- Must have knowledge of office administration with a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of operational management to assist in administrative problem solving.
- Type correspondence, memos, letters, reports, purchase requisitions, and other documents per request of Department Chairs and Dean of Instruction located in the Science and Technology Building (STB).
- Greets and accompanies visitors to appropriate department personnel; directs phone calls to appropriate faculty and staff.
- Attend meetings, record proceedings, take minutes, and type reports as requested, with a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- Schedules appointments, airline schedules, travel requisitions for STB faculty and Dean as requested.
- Collaborate with finance department staff with grant budget and reporting, expense requests, purchase orders, and travel required documentation.
- Provide administrative support to the STB Department Chairs and Dean of Instruction in compiling data, composing reports in regards to statistical data, grant fiscal management, and accreditation documents as requested.
- Assist STB Department Chairs and Dean of Instruction in recording and tracking budget expenditures and allocations.
- Serves as primary point of contact and liaison with other departments, individuals, and external agencies on a range of issues.
- Assists in coordination, control, and completion of special projects as requested.
- Maintain conference/meeting rooms and the faculty breakroom.
- Facilitate all incoming mail; sort and distribute.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General office and classroom conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch break. For flexible scheduling, arrangements will be made with the Dean of Instruction. Operate standard office machines, personal computers, and strong background in Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimum of AA/AAS degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with no related work experience or high school diploma/GED with three (3) years work related experience.
- Current valid driver license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to create and modify documents using Microsoft Office products, such as Publisher and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 25, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.