Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Manage Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Assist with grant proposal preparation, focusing on issues of conformity with agency and internal guidelines.
- Assist with the grant proposal submission process, including submitting proposals to funding agencies, and obtaining approval documents in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures to promote efficiency and compliance in research activities on campus. Interpret rules and guidelines to maintain compliance with federal laws, regulations, and principles and agency requirements.
- Promote and encourage research by working with researchers to identify funding sources.
- Train researchers on funding agency submission procedures and websites.
- Provide guidance on expending awards in accordance with regulations.
- Provide post-award research administrative services to ensure timely reporting.
- Assist with grant closeout operations and documentation.
- Provide regular training and outreach programs related to funding, proposal development, compliance, and ethical research.
- Remain current with changes to federal regulations and policies.
- Provide review of grant/contract terms and conditions with funding agencies and collaborators.
- Participate in internal research funding opportunities.
- Develop external partnerships with organizations, agencies, and the broader community.
- Participate in college-sponsored professional development activities, college wide meetings and department/division/faculty meetings.
- Participate in college leadership, governance, and operational activities.
- Comply with college policies, rules, and procedures.
- Participate in commencement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General office conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM with one hour for lunch break.
- A Master’s Degree in a research field from a regionally accredited institution required.
- A minimum of five years of experience with pre and post-award federal grants administration or sponsored programs management required. Experience with National Science Foundation, US Department of Agriculture, National Institutes of Health, and Department of Education is preferred.
- Experience providing small group trainings preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of compliance requirements and guidelines from federal agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate funding sources from a variety of sources.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with infrequent direct supervision.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Handles confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software such as MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe, if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service, if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 19, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.