Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) President, the Vice President for Campus Services will be responsible for the following duties:
The Vice President for Campus Services (VPCS) is responsible for the leadership and executive direction of essential operational services to the schools and departments in a highly decentralized management environment.
The scope of responsibilities includes oversight and accountability of a multifaceted group of operation service departments to include Theodore Jamerson Elementary School, Food Services, Mailroom, Safety & Security, Community Wellness, Athletics, and Children Development Centers. The overarching objective of these units is to ensure that essential services and critical infrastructure are organized appropriately and function with the highest possible effectiveness in support of the UTTC mission.
The VPCS is a member of the senior administrative team of Vice Presidents and works closely and collaboratively with the other senior leaders across campus. Responsibilities include leading and administration of a variety of school initiatives and programs, serving on ad-hoc committees, and advising senior leadership on policy issues. This role is dynamic and the scope of responsibility is broad and likely to evolve to meet the growing needs of the institution.
- Provide administrative and general oversight of all UTTC Campus Service departments included in the UTTC Organizational Chart.
- Research, analyze, prepare, implement and oversee annual budget for all Campus Services departments.
- Administer all aspects of the Indian Health Service PL93-638 Contract on behalf of UTTC to include any modifications to the contract and negotiation of the agreement of services per the proposed scope of work.
- Delivery of broad scope of services, asset management and numerous key functions essential to UTTC campus operations.
- Prepare, implement and evaluate strategic plans for Campus Services departments. Initiates and leads strategic planning efforts to ensure the school is maximizing opportunities for time and cost efficiencies in the delivery of campus services.
- Actively participates as a voting member of the UTTC Administrative Council and with any other institutional committees as needed.
- Ensure students and staff are provided with an environment that is conducive to learning.
- Manage, supervise and conduct performance evaluations for those under the VPCS direct supervision.
- Prepare monthly board reports and any other reports that pertain to Campus Services.
- Serve on committees, councils and task forces within the community, state, and nation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Education Administration, Education Leadership, or related field or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with 5 years’ experience in management and specific executive experience in one or more of the service areas within the scope of the responsibilities of the position.
- The VPCS must have a demonstrated track record of effective leadership and collaboration with various constituents at all levels and ranges of expertise.
- The duties associated with this position require a customer service commitment, effective written and presentation skills, proven financial management and negotiation skills, and creative and innovative problem solving.
- The candidate must possess a working knowledge of postsecondary education in a tribal college and university setting.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 26, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.