What is the Next Generation ACCUPLACER Test?
The Next Generation ACCUPLACER is a computer-based placement tool designed to provide placement and advising information for new students entering college. The ACCUPLACER is required for placement in Math, English and Technology. The results aid the student’s Academic Advisor in determining which courses the student will best flourish.
Who Needs to Take the Next Generation ACCUPLACER Test?
New students who do not have ACT scores from the past five years will need to take the ACCUPLACER test. Exceptions are as follows:
- Students enrolled in Heavy Equipment Operation and Welding Technology are not required to take the test.
- Students who are 100% online are not required to take the Accuplacer tests.
- Transfer students are not required to take the tests if they have successfully completed courses (a grade of C, or higher) in college level English and Math.
- For Accuplacer test practice go to accuplacer.org
- Make arrangements to test in-person or virtually with a UTTC Proctor.
- You can call or email Laura Leingang firstname.lastname@example.org 701.221.1456
- Tests are ongoing throughout the school year by appointment.
- Bring 2 forms of identification and any paperwork if you need special accommodations such as extra time. Please visit with your test proctor about this at test time.
- There is a math and writing portion that you should allow up to three hours for.
- You will receive your results immediately.
- Your advisor who registers you for classes will receive your scores electronically and place you in the correct class according to your ability
How can I prepare for the Next Generation ACCUPLACER?
Students can study anytime, anywhere with the free ACCUPLACER study app. The study app offers sample questions with explanations for both correct and incorrect answers.
When preparing to take the ACCUPLACER at UTTC, choose the Next Generation ACCUPLACER Test Version to practice. The Accuplacer study app is available.