The Child Development Center (CDC) is licensed to care for children ages birth to seven years. All children must have up-to-date immunizations. CDC meets the licensing standards of North Dakota and is reviewed annually. CDC believes that each child who enters must have every opportunity to grow and develop physically, cognitively, socially and emotionally in a culturally rich environment. Daily activities are planned to provide experiences in art, music, muscle development, cognitive development and socialization appropriate to individual age and development.
Infant Toddler Center
A quality program for infants and young toddlers, ages one week to just under 2-years old, is a warm, nurturing, environment, while at the same time providing a secure and dependable setting and routines. Our goal is to provide this environment for infants and toddlers as they develop.
The caregivers at the Infant Toddler Center understand and enjoy the physical, emotional, cognitive and social explorations and experimentation of the children. To meet the needs of each growing child, communication between caregivers and parents is of primary importance. We believe that continuity between home and center provides a child with a sense of security and enhances his or her development.
- Weather-appropriate clothes
- Diapers (Marked with child’s name)
- Formula (If not Enfamil)
The UTTC Preschool is for children from ages 3 to 5 years old. At this center, we provide your child with a safe and stimulating environment where your child can be free to explore and learn through a variety of teacher and child initiated experiences.
The teachers have implemented the Active Learning Series curriculum with a heavy emphasis on literacy. Native American cultural activities are incorporated into both the curriculum and the environment.
Through well-planned and fun activities, children are stimulated and learn important skills like following directions, sharing, problem-solving, cooperation, the importance of friendship, and respect for others. We encourage children to have fun learning while preparing them for kindergarten and beyond.
- Weather-appropriate clothes
- Additional supplies requested teacher(s)
The CDC at United Tribes Technical College provides child care services for campus-based students.
- Regular hours for the centers are 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- On Fridays, parents must pick up children immediately after their last class of the day.
- The centers provide services for current, campus-based UTTC students.
- The Centers are licensed by the State of North Dakota and participate in the North Dakota Food Service Program.
- The cost is $4.50 per hour for 1 child. See Director/Billing Technician for current rates for additional children. Rates subject to change. The Center Billing Office (for Child Care Assistance and to sign monthly bills) is located on the 1st floor of Building 5.
- All children must have complete registration applications on file in order to attend.
- Children must be signed in and out by their parents on a daily basis.