Environmental Science & ResearchUnited Tribes Technical College
The Environmental Science and Research program lays the foundation for understanding natural systems and human effects on those systems. A focus on applying scientific concepts to address today’s environmental questions provides students with the skills to work in a variety of career or move seamlessly into advanced degrees.
Graduates of the UTTC Environmental Science & Research AS degree program will:
- Identify various factors from different disciplines that impact environmental issues.
- Execute introductory research to address an environmental issue.
- Employ the scientific communication format to present projects.
- Articulate the benefits of collaboration and professional networks.
Graduates of the UTTC Environmental Science & Research BS degree program will:
- Operate independently.
- Mitigate sources of risks or hazards in the work environment.
- Exhibit professionalism.
- Explain the legal structure of environmental regulations.
- Employ critical thinking.