Myles Frazier (Santee Sioux Nation)

Congratulations Myles Frazier, the April Alum of the Month! Myles was the very first student to graduate with a UTTC Health, PE and Recreation AAS degree from UTTC.

My name is Myles Frazier and I am a member of the Santee Sioux Nation in Nebraska. I attended K-12 school at Cheyenne Eagle Butte School (C-EB) in South Dakota. I am currently working at C-EB as the Jr. High PE and Health Teacher and am also the Assistant Basketball Coach.

In 2013, as I was working towards my AAS Degree in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPER) degree at UTTC, I was blessed with an amazing little son whom I’ve raised alone since he was two weeks old. I graduated from UTTC in December 2014 and by January 2015 we moved and I started school at Black Hills State University in Spearfish SD.   In December 2019 I double majored in Physical Education and Outdoor Education with the AAS Degree from UTTC in my back pocket.  My biggest accomplishments have been becoming a certified teacher in PE/Health and getting experience and knowledge in grant writing, program development, and sustainability geared towards getting people involved with the outdoors. Most important with all the ups and downs life had to offer while going to school, my now seven year old son was right there with and motivating me!

If I can give UTTC students a little advice it would be from one of my favorite “Rocky” movies: “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and will keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you can hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, and that is how winning is done.”